1) How do I get into my library account? In order to access your library account, you will need to have your library card barcode and PIN. The barcode is your User Id and the PIN is the four digit number that you were given when you signed up for your library card.
2) What if I don’t have a PIN or don’t remember it? If you don’t have a PIN or can’t remember it, please call the Circulation Department at 541-5814. They will be able to help you.
3) How can I access my account? When you visit our website, www.ccpl.lib.fl.us, please click on the “Search the Catalog” link. Please look for the “My Account” link and select that. The next page will have the “My Account” in the center of the page with “Review My Account”, “Renew My Materials”, “User PIN Change”, and “Change My Address” links. If you want to see what you have checked out, click on the “Review My Account” link. The next screen will ask you for your User ID (your barcode number) and your PIN. Once you have filled in the boxes, click on the “Display User Information” button and you will have access to your account. This is the same for the other links on this page.
4) How do I place holds online? When you visit our website, http://www.ccpl.lib.fl.us/, please click on the “Search the Catalog” link. Once you have found the book that you want to place a hold request, please look for the “I Need Material” button and click on it. The next page will have “ILL Book Request”, “Recommend Items”, “Place Hold Request”, and “Cancel Hold Request” links. Click on the “Place Hold Request” link. You will see a form for you to fill out. It will ask you at which library you wish to pick the material up and your ID (your barcode number). The Call Number box and the Item ID box will be filled in. When you have finished entering your information in the two boxes, click on the “Send” button. You will be notified when the material is ready for you to pick up.
5) How do I get to the online magazine database? If you are accessing our website from home, please select the “Electronic Resources” link on the left hand side of the main page. This link will take you to a page that has numerous links for electronic resources. Scroll down and select the “InfoTrac” link. The next page will have InfoTrac in the middle of the page and a box for you to enter your library card number and a “Proceed” button. The next page has a list of the databases that are available for you to use.
6) How do I use InfoTrac? There are many databases in InfoTrac. The first one listed on the page is the “General OneFile” link. It has a broad range of subjects in its database. Click on this link to access it. There are different searches – basic, subject, publication, and advanced. If you are looking for general information, use the Basic search. In the “Find” box, type in the material for which you are looking and then click on the “Search” button. The results will display on the next page. There are tabs at the top of the results page. They are for Magazines, Academic Journals, Books, Newspapers, and Multimedia. Click on the article that interests you. You will see the article, the author, and the source.
7) How do I cite this information? On the right side of the page is a box labeled “Tools.” There is a “Citation Tools” link. Select this link. You can choose how you want to cite it – either MLA, APA, or plain text. You can also export it to a third party software. If you need more information, please click on the “Help” icon on the page where your article appears. It is at the top of the page, above the “Advanced Search” link. Click on the “Managing the Information You Find” link on the left side of the page. Look for the “Citing Gale Resources” link and select that one. You will then see information on how to cite according to MLA, ALA, and other formats.